Beaphar Gentle Leader for Large Dogs - Black
The Beaphar Gentle Leader is a unique, patented design that has been scientifically developed to work with your dog's natural instincts in order to control unwanted pulling on the lead. The Gentle Leader from Beaphar provides kind and effective leadership, and makes training at home quick, simple and fun for both you and your dog.
A dog's natural instinct is to pull on the lead. But the Beaphar Gentle Leader helps to counter this in three ways:
1. Gentle pressure is transferred to the back of the neck, naturally stimulating a relaxation response (the same as when a mother carries a puppy by the scruff of its neck).
2. Gentle pressure is applied around the muzzle from the nose loop, communicating your reassuring control.
3. It works like a halter rope – where the nose goes, the body will follow.
How To Use
There are several components to the Beaphar Gentle Leader and it is important to ensure they are fitted correctly for it to be effective and comfortable for your dog.
• Neck strap – fits around your dog’s neck as would a collar.
• Buckle – forms part of the neck strap, connects either end as you would a collar.
• Nose loop – fits around your dog’s nose.
• Adjustable sliding clamp – to reduce or increase the size of the nose loop.
• Centre double D-ring – enables the nose loop to apply pressure as your dog pulls and instantly release when they stop.
• Control ring – where you attach your dog’s lead.
1. Attach your dog’s normal lead to the control ring on the Beaphar Gentle Leader.
2. Release the buckle on the neck strap and hold it at each end. The neck strap and the nose loop with the lead attached should now be hanging down in the shape of a ‘T’.
3. Fit the neck strap around your dog’s neck so that it is touching the base of your dog’s skull at the back and snug above their Adam’s apple at the front. This is much higher than a normal collar. The nose loop should NOT be fitted at this time but left hanging down underneath their chin.
4. You should be able to squeeze one finger underneath the neck strap. This will appear to fit more snugly than a normal collar, but your dog will still be comfortable, able to pant easily and show no signs of distress or discomfort. The correct fit will prevent the Beaphar Gentle Leader rotating around your dog’s neck.
5. Release the buckle and remove the neck strap from your dog.
6. Open the adjustable sliding clamp and slide this down towards the control ring where the lead is attached.
7. Pull the nose loop up though the centre double D-ring, which is located at the central part of the ‘T’ shape. This is to ensure the nose loop is large enough to fit over your dog’s nose.
8. Holding the neck strap in your hands, slide the nose loop which you have just created over your dog’s nose. Then, connect both ends of the neck strap around your dog’s neck at the position you fitted earlier.
9. Move the adjustable sliding clamp up so it sits just below your dog’s jaw. This will reduce the size of the nose loop so it is correctly fitted to your dog.
10. The nose loop should now sit in front of your dog’s eyes but behind the corners of their mouth, and be loose enough to be pulled forward to the start of the fleshy part of their nose.
11. Make a final adjustment to the nose loop and then close the adjustable sliding clamp to prevent this slipping, and start walking straight away.
12. Once fitted in this way, it should not be necessary to re-open the adjustable sliding clamp, unless your dog is still growing.
To remove the Beaphar Gentle Leader, simply release the buckle on the neck strap and slide the nose loop off. There is no need to undo the sliding clamp.
The adjustable sliding clamp is the most technically advanced element of the Beaphar Gentle Leader and is not designed to be repeatedly opened and closed. If put under habitual stress in this way it is liable to break.
Store in a safe place. Dispose of empty packaging in the household rubbish.
Payment and VAT
Shop in confidence at Feedem Pet Supermarket, using our secure server. Once you've decided what you want to buy, you can pay through the secure Paypal Pro payment server or Pay Pal who accept all major credit and debit cards including Visa Debit, Visa Credit, Delta, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Euro card, American Express, Maestro and Solo cards online.
VAT stands for value-added tax, which is charged on most goods and services within the European Union. Some of our products may include VAT in the displayed price. Should you require a VAT invoice for your order please contact us.
Once you've decided what you want to buy, you can pay through the secure Paypal Pro or Pay Pal payment server which accepts all major credit and debit cards. You can shop in confidence safe in the knowledge that at Feedem Pet Supermarket, our secure server is tested daily to ensure our website it is safe and secure
And if you have any concerns over the security of our website, you have no need.
Should you not wish to place your order online or you may call our Customer Service Advisors on Tel: 01287 658167 9am-5pm Mon-Fri
Delivery & Returns
1. What are your standard delivery charges?
For most of the UK*, spend £45 or more and we’ll deliver it to you, absolutely FREE! *max weight 32kg
For orders under £45 there is a charge of £4.99 depending on the weight.
*If you cancel part of your order which was subject to a conditional Sale, Promotion or Free Delivery offer, the Sale, Promotion or Free Delivery offer may cease to apply. If you subsequently return any items, we reserve the right to charge you for the discount you received as part of any conditional Sale, Promotion or Free Delivery offer.
2. What are your delivery times?
We understand that getting your items to you quickly is really important, so we make every effort to process your order as quickly as possible.
You can expect to receive your parcel usually 3-5 working days after ordering.* except weekends or bank holidays
3. Can I speed up my shipping?
Dependent on the items in your basket, we may be able to offer:
1) An optional next working day delivery service - £7.99
This option is only available by contacting our 'Customer service advisors on 01287 658167
4. Where in the UK can you deliver to?
We’ll deliver to your home or work address, whatever’s easiest for you.
Unfortunately there is certain areas which may incur an extra delivery charge to the areas below.
AB31-AB38, AB41-AB45, AB51-AB56, FK19-FK21,HS-HS9, IV1-IV63, KA27-KA28, KW1-KW17, PA20-PA80, PH1, PH5-PH10, PH15-PH50,VI13, ZE1-ZE3, BT1-99, IM1-9 & 99, TR21-25, PO30-41,GY1-GY9, JE1-JE5, Channel Islands (Jersey & Guernsey), Isle of Wight
5. Do you ship internationally, i.e. outside the UK?
We currently ship standard orders outside the UK.
6. What do I do if I receive a damaged item?
If a customer accepts a damaged parcel knowingly the damage must be specified on the courier driver's signature terminal. Please photograph damages for our investigation.
If you have accepted the parcel before realising it was damaged, or the parcel has been left in a safe place when you were not around to inspect it, then we ask you take a picture of the damaged items and contact us no later than 3pm on the next working day of delivery so we can take the necessary action and resend an item or refund you accordingly.
Still have questions?
Give us a call on 01287 658167 or email us at email@example.com, we'll be happy to help.
Click & Collect
Select the product you want to buy, add to you basket and head to the checkout.
At the checkout choose 'Collect Instore'.
Once you have received your confirmation telephone call or collection e-mail, simply pop in store to collect your shopping whenever you are ready.
* We do try to make sure that all items are in stock, but on that odd occasion your order may take up to 2 days for collection.
* When collecting your order, please bring your order confirmation e-mail ( or show us on your phone) & ID
* Click & Collect only available Monday to Friday 9 - 5.30 unless prior arrangements have been made for a Saturday collection 9 - 4.30
If you wish to return a product to us for any reason please do so within 30 days of the despatch date. To receive a full refund, items must not have been used and must be returned to us with their original packaging intact.
1. How do I return my item?
The easiest way for you to return your item is to follow these 3 steps:
1) Pack everything up securely. Please include your order number and covering note.
2) State the reason for your return.
3) Post back to us at the address below. We recommend you obtain proof of postage. As soon as we receive the returned item we will issue a full refund to the card with which you made your purchase, or using PayPal where appropriate.
C/O (Customer Service Dept)
2. How long does it take to get a refund?
As soon as we receive the returned item we will issue a full refund to the card with which you made your purchase, or using PayPal where appropriate. This refund is subject to standard bank clearing times and depending on the payment method can take up to 7 working days.
3. For your protection we recommend that you use a recorded delivery service when returning your item back to us as we are not liable for any loss or damage whilst in transit.
If you cancel, you must return the goods to us at your own expense. You are responsible for the risk of loss or damage when you return goods, so you should take out enough postal insurance to cover their value
Still have questions?
Give us a call on 01287 658167 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we'll be happy to help.